Solar Power Portal is delighted to announce that this year’s Solar Power Portal Awards will be hosted by TV personality and renewables advocate Robert Llewellyn.
Llewellyn, best known for playing Kryten in BBC 2 hit comedy Red Dwarf, is a staunch clean energy advocate and backer of electric vehicles.
His regular EV-focused show Fully Charged features and reviews electric and hybrid vehicles as and when they are released, and its YouTube channel has almost 150,000 subscribers.
He follows in the footsteps of previous awards host Jimmy Carr, Leo Johnson and Kate Humble, and will be present for the gala dinner ceremony at The Hilton Metropole NEC in Birmingham on 4 October 2017.
Now in its fifth year, 2017’s ceremony will see a total of 13 awards handed out to the UK renewables sector’s best and brightest.
We have been inundated with registrations and submissions so far and with two months left until the nominations deadline closes, this year’s awards stands to be the most competitive yet.
Entering the awards could not be simpler and takes just five minutes of your time. Here are five steps to the nominations process:
- Firstly, create a profile by accessing this page of the SPP Awards 2017 microsite.
- Once registered, log in where prompted to bring you to the submission area.
- Click ‘Submit Your Nomination’ in the navigation bar, followed by ‘add new’
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click ‘save and submit’
Tickets for the Solar Power Portal Awards 2017 are also now available to purchase. Tickets include entrance to the pre-awards drinks reception, the awards ceremony, a three course meal and evening entertainment.