Nominations for the Solar Power Portal Awards 2017 are now open, and the finance innovation award returns once again.
A firm favourite of the awards and one of the most fiercely competitive, the finance innovation category is for financial products launched for the benefit or growth of the clean energy sector on or after 1 June 2016.
Nominations should include details of the product on offer, its uptake with consumers and how the product has been used to promote the clean energy industry. If the product has been used to finance the development of a particular renewables project, details of it should also be included.
Last year’s winner
Of the four shortlisted entries in last year’s category, it was Mongoose Energy which emerged victorious for its work in stimulating community energy projects across the country, a scheme which last year’s judging panel said displayed “real innovation” in its approach.
This year nominations will remain open until midnight 31 May 2017 before a three-week judging process takes place.
Registration and the nominations process is simple and takes a few minutes of your time. Follow our simple guide below to walk you through the process.
How to Enter - 5 Easy Steps
- Firstly, create a profile by accessing this page of the SPP Awards 2017 microsite.
- Once registered, log in where prompted to bring you to the submission area.
- Click ‘Submit Your Nomination’ in the navigation bar, followed by 'add new'.
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click ‘save and submit’.