Nominations for the Solar Power Portal and Energy-Storage.News Awards 2018 are now open, and this year we will once celebrate community solar projects.
The Community Solar Installation of the Year category is always a favourite of the SPP Awards, perhaps due to its dedication to and reflection of some of the stellar work achieved by those setting out to aid local communities. Solar has always been a power for good, and there is arguably no better category to reflect that than the community solar category.
To be eligible for this award installations will have been completed after 7 June 2017, and nominations should include details of the system size and equipment used, but more pertinently details as to how the project is benefitting local communities.
Last year’s winner
Last year’s Best Use of Solar in a Community or Social Benefit Project award was won by Joju Solar for its Big Community Summer project, which saw the solar stalwart install more than 2.5MW of community-led PV across 46 separate sites, 24 of which were schools.
This year nominations will remain open until midnight 31 May 2018 before a three-week judging process takes place.
Registration and the nominations process is simple and takes a few minutes of your time. Follow our simple guide below to walk you through the process.
How to Enter - 5 Easy Steps
- Firstly, create a profile by accessing this page of the SPP Awards 2018 microsite
- Once registered, log in where prompted to bring you to the submission area
- Click ‘Submit Your Nomination’ in the navigation bar, followed by ‘add new’
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click ‘save and submit’