Record new capacity added to UK large-scale solar pipeline during April 6 May 2020, 09:37
The pipeline of large-scale solar farms in the UK saw a massive uptick in April 2020, with a record level of new capacity added. Finlay Colville, head of market research at Solar Media, has all the details.
- NESF plans to resume build-out ‘shortly’ as portfolio continues to outperform budget 8 Apr 2020, 11:54
- Q&A: Yealm Community Energy’s Andrew Moore on subsidy-free community solar 8 Apr 2020, 09:27
- Understanding the UK’s 8.5GW of completed large-scale solar farms 7 Apr 2020, 13:51
- Anesco energises 12MW subsidy-free Bumpers solar farm 7 Apr 2020, 10:55
- UK utility solar pipeline continues growth, near-term window allows suppliers to fill prospect lists 3 Apr 2020, 08:00
- Q&A: Community Energy England's Emma Bridge on COVID-19 delays and enabling subsidy-free 24 Mar 2020, 13:45
- AMP’s Mark Tarry on how the solar market is about to go ‘bang’ 19 Mar 2020, 13:14
- Q&A: Foresight's Ricardo Piñeiro talks the rise of subsidy free and high power prices 17 Mar 2020, 14:42
- Q&A: Talking subsidy-free solar and the challenges that remain with Smith Brothers' Dave Ogden 5 Mar 2020, 16:12
- UK utility-scale project developers return to market as pipeline grows to 7GW 2 Mar 2020, 10:45
- Solar Power Portal launches subsidy-free solar campaign as UK market readies for a rebound 27 Feb 2020, 10:55
- Bluefield eyes ‘exciting’ new investments as PPA strategy side-steps tumbling power prices 27 Feb 2020, 10:44
- UK utility solar sector starts GW-plus deployment roll-out for 2020 5 Feb 2020, 09:00
- Solar Power Portal launches Utility Solar Summit event, new subsidy-free solar campaign 5 Feb 2020, 09:00
- Elgin Energy completes fundraise to pursue 250MW UK solar portfolio 30 Jan 2020, 12:41
- Q&A: NextEnergy Capital CEO Mike Bonte-Friedheim talks subsidy-free solar 23 Jan 2020, 11:08
- Armstrong signs JV to pursue 500MW UK solar and storage pipeline 9 Jan 2020, 10:22
- GRIDSERVE completes ‘game changing’ solar-plus-storage site 19 Dec 2019, 00:01
- NESF lauds switch on of ‘UK’s largest’ subsidy-free solar site 16 Dec 2019, 10:13
Portsmouth International Port (PIP) has announced it will pilot a new smart energy system that includes a novel energy storage solution.
Following the approval of Cleve Hill Solar Park, Solar Power Portal takes a look at what the next steps are for the project, any technology concerns and whether this will be the first of many Nationally Significant solar infrastructure projects.
As the consultation closes for the proposed CfD scheme, Solarcentury's Susannah Wood shares her thoughts on what’s needed to make CfDs work for solar.
Cleve Hill Solar Park, set to be the largest in the UK, has been granted development consent by the energy secretary.
Statkraft has signed a hybrid power purchase and optimisation agreement with Warrington Renewables (York) Limited.
Solar Power Portal caught up with Emma Bridge, CEO of Community Energy England, to talk about how COVID-19 has impacted the sector, how groups have rallied to protect those in their communities and what we can expect as the UK looks towards lifting lockdown.
Leicestershire County Council has set its sights on a new solar farm and carbon neutral site, in a new £14 million green project.
Despite proving more resilient than fossil fuels, investment in renewables looks set to be heavily hit by COVID-19 as investment in the energy sector plunges to lowest level in history.
NextEnergy Capital has secured what it is lauding as a “first-of-its-kind” debt financing to construct two subsidy-free solar sites as it unveils a new subsidy-free private fund.
Following last week’s Large Scale Digital Summit, organised by Solar Power Portal publisher Solar Media, we re-cap all of the industry leading insight and discussion in our podcast.
The Renewables Infrastructure Group (TRIG) has raised £120 million, which is set to go towards its revolving credit facility (RCF).
BlackRock Real Assets is selling on a 156MW portfolio that it co-owns with Lightsource BP to Greencoat Capital.
The government needs to “go even further with enabling measures” such as public sector PPAs in order to accelerate solar deployment to help meet net zero.
Residential solar installations will take longer to rebound from the COVID-19 slowdown than most renewables, making it unlikely solar PV will surpass 2019 levels over the next year.
The UK could see its first full cycle battery cell GigaPlant built after AMTE Power and Britishvolt today committed to exploring its development.
The return of the Contracts for Difference (CfD) auctions for solar and onshore wind has boosted the UK up EY’s Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index (RECAI).