UK utility solar sector starts GW-plus deployment roll-out for 2020 5 Feb 2020, 09:00
Finlay Colville, head of market research at Solar Media, provides a forensic analysis of the UK’s utility-scale solar pipeline, detailing precisely why the market looks set to return to gigawatt-scale deployment this year.
- Solar Power Portal launches Utility Solar Summit event, new subsidy-free solar campaign 5 Feb 2020, 09:00
- Elgin Energy completes fundraise to pursue 250MW UK solar portfolio 30 Jan 2020, 12:41
- Q&A: NextEnergy Capital CEO Mike Bonte-Friedheim talks subsidy-free solar 23 Jan 2020, 11:08
- Armstrong signs JV to pursue 500MW UK solar and storage pipeline 9 Jan 2020, 10:22
- GRIDSERVE completes ‘game changing’ solar-plus-storage site 19 Dec 2019, 00:01
- NESF lauds switch on of ‘UK’s largest’ subsidy-free solar site 16 Dec 2019, 10:13
- Lightsource BP heralds return of UK solar, eyeing 1GW pipeline 12 Dec 2019, 12:23
- Canadian Solar joins UK post-subsidy rush 10 Dec 2019, 08:47
- Lightsource BP gains additional investment from BP to drive future growth 5 Dec 2019, 09:24
- UK utility solar to return to GW demand status in 2020 as desired energy type going forward 3 Dec 2019, 07:59
- Octopus to float new renewable infrastructure investment fund 20 Nov 2019, 13:59
- Solarcentury appoints new global head of origination as it 'accelerates' subsidy-free development 31 Oct 2019, 09:59
The demand for energy storage systems for commercial operations is rising at an incredible pace in the UK. Tesvolt will be paying a visit to Bristol and Glasgow to show electrical installers how they can break into this lucrative market.
Zenobe Energy is set to install what is being lauded as the UK water industry's largest battery system to date, at United Utilities' wastewater treatment plant in Preston.
Pivot Power has signed a contract with technology group Wärtsilä for 100MW of storage across two sites.
A new, EU-backed fund has been announced for community energy projects in the west of England.
Regulatory uncertainty has “damaged” subsidy-free solar projects, the Solar Trade Association (STA) has said in response to Ofgem’s Decarbonisation Action Plan.
Newport City Council is to roll-out rooftop solar PV across buildings in the city in a partnership with Egni Co-op and installer Joju Solar.
Anesco is to overhaul its senior management team with executive chairman Steve Shine and chief executive Kevin Mouatt both set to leave the firm, Solar Power Portal can reveal.
Wandsworth Council in London will transition to 100% zero carbon energy following approval of the Wandsworth Climate Change Action Plan by councillors.
Solarcentury has announced its first UK solar farm development in four years, with 62MW planned for Welsh site.
Decarbonising housing is one of the “toughest challenges” for net zero, the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) has warned, and it is “vital” this challenge is not made harder.
The Foresight Solar Group has announced a net asset value (NAV) of £626.9 million in its update for 31 December 2019.
Greencoat Capital is launching a new fund, Greencoat Renewable Income LP (GRI), focusing on infrastructure assets for solar and other renewables.
The Renewables Infrastructure Group (TRIG) has released its financial results, highlighting an increasing focus on battery storage in the UK.
A lack of headroom in Ireland’s Renewable Energy Support Scheme (RESS) could make it “extremely challenging” for community developers to secure a contract, according to new analysis from Cornwall Insight.
A rooftop solar array has been installed at cleaning technology company Kärcher’s headquarters in Banbury, Oxfordshire.
Viridian Solar has announced a collaboration with window company VELUX to help provide a “seamless combination” of roof-integrated solar PV and roof windows.