The countdown to the Solar Power Portal Awards 2016 has officially begun with entries now open for this year’s prizes.
The awards event returns for its fourth successive year and will be co-located with the inaugural Clean Energy Awards, established to celebrate the successes of the wider clean technology space.
Solar Power Portal can also confirm that this year’s ceremony, sponsored by Trina Solar, will be hosted by renowned stand-up comedian Jimmy Carr.
Last year’s event saw more than 650 industry professionals gather to celebrate the success of UK solar and this year’s awards stand to be even larger. The event will take place on Wednesday 5 October at the NEC Hilton Metropole.
This year’s award categories for both the Solar Power Portal and Clean Energy Awards include:
- Outstanding Achievement Award
- Residential PV Project
- Commercial PV Project
- Large-Scale PV Project
- Residential Energy Storage Project
- Commercial Energy Storage Project
- Large-Scale Energy Storage Project
- Residential Energy Management Project
- Commercial Energy Management Project
- Residential Renewable Heat Project
- Commercial Renewable Heat Project
- Clean Energy Financial Innovation
- Clean Energy Product Innovation
- Clean Energy Contractor of the year
Richard Rushin, UK sales manager at headline sponsors Trina Solar, said the firm was delighted to support this year’s event. “The awards offer an important opportunity to celebrate the biggest achievements from the past year and we look forward to seeing the best of what the UK’s PV industry has to offer on the night itself,” he added.
Nominations open today and will run until Thursday 30 June. To register your interest and to receive your nomination pack, please email us: [email protected]