Nominations for the Solar Power Portal Awards 2017 are now open, and the commercial rooftop PV award returns once again as the ceremony enters its fifth successive year.
A stalwart of the Solar Power Portal Awards, the Commercial rooftop PV award celebrates solar systems installed on the roofs of non-domestic properties, including commercial properties and public buildings, completed after 1 June 2016.
Nominations should include details of the system size, equipment used and details of the economic, electricity and decarbonisation benefits received by the owner, tenant, local authority, council or other non-residential recipient. This category is strictly limited to rooftop installations. Testimonials from the beneficiary should also be included if available.
Last year’s winner
Last year’s award was won by installation group Your Power for its installation atop delivery giant DPD’s distribution centre, which the judges described as a “significant project” given how the installer achieved nearly complete self-consumption on a massive factory roof installation.
This year nominations will remain open until midnight 31 May 2017 before a three-week judging process takes place.
Registration and the nominations process is simple and takes a few minutes of your time. Follow our simple guide below to walk you through the process.
How to Enter - 5 Easy Steps
- Firstly, create a profile by accessing this page of the SPP Awards 2017 microsite.
- Once registered, log in where prompted to bring you to the submission area.
- Click ‘Submit Your Nomination’ in the navigation bar, followed by ‘add new’
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click ‘save and submit’.