Nominations for the Solar Power Portal Awards 2017 are now open, and returning this year is the award for best use of solar in a community or social benefit project.
This award recognises solar installations where communities have either been involved in their development/financing, or are due to benefit substantially from community/social benefit funds linked to their construction. Projects should be completed after 1 June 2016.
Nominations should include details of any fundraising programmes or share offers linked to the project’s development if applicable, as well as details of where benefit fund spending has been allocated for the good of local communities. Testimonials from local representatives should be included where applicable/available.
Last year’s winner
Last year’s award was won by Bristol Energy Cooperative for its solar farm at Puriton and others across the Bristol area.
This year nominations will remain open until midnight 31 May 2017 before a three-week judging process takes place.
Registration and the nominations process is simple and takes a few minutes of your time. Follow our simple guide below to walk you through the process.
How to Enter - 5 Easy Steps
- Firstly, create a profile by accessing this page of the SPP Awards 2017 microsite.
- Once registered, log in where prompted to bring you to the submission area.
- Click ‘Submit Your Nomination’ in the navigation bar, followed by ‘add new’.
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps.
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click ‘save and submit’.