Last month, Solar Power Portal revealed the shortlists for this year’s Solar Power Portal and Clean Energy Awards, sponsored by Trina Solar.
More than 60 projects have been shortlisted across 12 categories ahead of what promises to be a glittering occasion at Birmingham NEC’s Hilton Metropole, hosted by stand up comedian Jimmy Carr.
In the latest article of a series of shortlist spotlight features, here are the nominees for 2016’s Commercial PV Project award.
- Your Group - DPD, Hinckley
- Spirit Solar - Sparsholt and Andover College
- SunGift Solar - Exeter City Council solar carports
- EvoEnergy - Lyreco, Telford
- Coakham Farm - POWERI SERVICES
- Joju Solar - Orchard Field Community School
- Geo Green Power - Green House
- SEGRO/EvoEnergy/Syzygy Renewables - Navigation Park
Poweri’s project at Coakham Farm involved the installation of a 250kW solar PV array on new agricultural buildings. A full new private supply electricity network to the site had to be constructed, including five dwellings. The network comprised an upgraded sub-station, comprehensive lightning and surge protection system, and a site-wide KNX control system for energy management.
Alongside a biomass heating system the site achieves near net-zero CO2 emissions. The solar alone is predicted to save 106 tonnes CO2 per annum.
The winner of this year’s Clean Energy Product Innovation award will be announced at the awards ceremony on 5 October. Tickets are now available and can be purchased online here, or by contacting email@example.com.