Nominations for this year’s Solar Power Portal Awards, sponsored by Trina Solar, are currently open. Returning for its fourth consecutive year, the Solar Power Portal Awards will take place on 5 October during the Clean Energy Live exhibition at Birmingham’s NEC.
This year’s ceremony, sponsored by Trina Solar, will be co-located with the inaugural Clean Energy Awards, and no fewer than 19 trophies will be handed out during an evening hosted by stand-up comedian Jimmy Carr.
In the run up to the 30 June nominations deadline, Solar Power Portal is taking a closer look at each of this year’s categories.
Residential Energy Management
A brand new category this year, the residential energy management award has been added to this year’s ceremony to recognise an individual project or scheme of installations which have helped residents reduce the amount of energy they consume and, ultimately, save on their household bills.
The award will take into account whole system design, incorporating detailed monitoring, self-generation and energy efficiency technologies which combine to deliver real, tangible savings for the benefit of the bill payer.
While solar PV, solar thermal, insulation and even LED lighting are established technologies in this field, the advent of battery storage and sophisticated smart meters has promised to revolutionise the field.
Do you have a project that you want to shout about? Enter your project now for the 2016 Solar Power Portal Awards.
How to Enter – 5 Easy Steps
- Click where prompted to nominate
- Create a profile by clicking ‘Login’ in the navigation bar, and inputting all the required information. Once logged in, you will be able to see information on all this year’s categories and judging criteria
- Log in to your online account and under the submissions tab, click “add new”
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click “save and submit”.
The Awards dinner will be held on Wednesday 5th October 2016 at the Hilton Metropole NEC. Tickets can be booked by contacting Stuart Bradshaw.