The Solar Trade Association’s chief executive Paul Barwell believes that 2014 represents a ‘year of growth’ for solar in the UK.
Speaking to Solar Power Portal ahead of his regular speaking slot at this year’s Solar Energy UK roadshows, Barwell said: “2014 is a year for growth: this is a year where the UK is coming out of a recession and there is now an underlying confidence in the market.
“Despite the price undertaking between the Chinese and the European Commission, prices have come down and most importantly, electricity prices have gone up – despite the very small amendment that some of the Big Six have put through.
“There are all of those reasons why the market should grow, and I believe it will grow. So we’re really very bullish about 2014 for solar PV.”
The roadshow programme is designed to help companies take advantage of the predicted growth by assessing a number of new, innovative options facing the market:
- Affordable storage – all the latest technology on offer and how to sell it to customers
- The Renewable Heat Incentive and Green Deal – represent exciting new revenue stream opportunities for PV installers
- Balance of systems (BoS) and inverters – how to lower costs and boost competitiveness with system optimisation
- Reducing operational costs – how to streamline customer acquisition and marketing
- Utility-scale side planning costs – streamline your site-selection process with proper community engagement
The roadshows will visit the following key locations across the UK throughout the month of February:
Monday 3 February – Sandown Park Racecourse, Surrey
Tuesday 4 February – Taunton Racecourse, Somerset
Wednesday 5 February – Huntingdon Racecourse, Cambridgeshire
Thursday 6 February – Salford City Stadium, Manchester
Monday 10 February – Thirsk Racecourse, Yorkshire
Tuesday 11 February – Musselburgh Racecourse, Edinburgh
Solar Media can also announce that Green Energy Options, P.M Services, Romag and Schneider have all joined the Solar Energy UK Roadshows as supporting sponsors, adding to initial supporting sponsors, BayWa r.e., Solar Frontier, SunEdison and overall sponsor Natural Sparx powered by Rexel.
Tickets are £55 + VAT for MCS registered installers or £105 +VAT
Full details and booking information can be found on the Solar Energy UK roadshows website