Solar Power Portal is delighted to reveal the 12-strong panel of judges who will preside over submissions for this year’s Solar Power Portal Awards ceremony.
Now in its fifth year, 2017’s iteration of the SPP Awards will see a total of 13 awards handed out, recognising the best and the brightest of the UK’s solar, storage and distributed energy sectors.
And to review this year’s submissions, SPP has been establishing an esteemed panel of independent judges.
Appointed to this year’s judging panel are;
- Merlin Hyman, chief executive, RegenSW
- Finlay Colville, head of market research, Solar Media
- Giles Clark, chief executive, Primrose Solar
- John Parnell, head of content, Solar Media
- Paul Barwell, chief executive, Solar Trade Association
- Virginia Graham, chief executive, Renewable Energy Consumer Code
- Liam Stoker, UK editor, Solar Media
- Jonathan Scurlock, special advisor, National Farmers Union
- Emma Bridge, chief executive, Community Energy England
- Andy Colthorpe, editor, Energy Storage News
- Stephen Cirell, independent consultant
- Chris Roberts, independent renewables consultant
The nominations window for this year’s awards closes at midnight on 31 May 2017, meaning there are now less than five weeks to register and complete your submission.
There is no limit to the number of categories any one company or individual can enter, however each submission will be held against the strict eligibility criteria listed in the category descriptions.
Full details of this year’s categories and eligibility criteria can be found on the Solar Power Portal Awards microsite.
How to Enter - Five Easy Steps
- Firstly, create a profile by accessing this page of the SPP Awards 2017 microsite.
- Once registered, log in where prompted to bring you to the submission area.
- Click ‘Submit Your Nomination’ in the navigation bar, followed by ‘add new’
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click ‘save and submit’
The Solar Power Portal Awards is the hallmark evening event coinciding with our annual solar show at Birmingham's NEC. Having evolved from the exhibition's previous identity of Solar Energy UK, Solar and Storage Live will this year take place between 3 and 5 October 2017.
The awards ceremony will take place on the evening of Wednedsay 4 October, and all shortlisted nominations will receive two free tickets to the event.